?

I was wondering what do contractions feel like and how do I know if Im having them? My stomach hurts and I have nausea and gas like pains comming and going.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    You will know if they are contraction pains, your entire stomach will tighten up like you are flexing it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• At first they feel like mentrual cramps and then can start to feel like you are having gas and need to have a bowl movement.

If it's coming in waves than you could be in labor.

Wait until they are 4 minutes apart for 1 hour and lasting 1 minute apart to go to the hospital. That way you don't get sent home or get pushed into unnecessary interventions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I didnt know I was having them, not til I was in the hospital to get induced. The nurse laughed at me cause I thought it was my DD sticking her butt up lol, she was like "no those are contracions". So I had been having them a couple of days not knowing. I would time them and call the doctor
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Im 33 weeks. Im so naueas and I have a bad cramp in my back and stomach. I cant tell if its tightening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• probley not lay down or try walking or a bath if they get harder and stronger go in or call and ask the nurse
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• OK if your only 33 weeks than you need to get a HUGE glass of COLD water, lay on your left side and sip the water for 30 minutes. If they do NOT go away GO TO THE HOSPITAL but definately drink the water and lay on your left side first to make sure it's not dehydration (even if you think you've drank enough water it still could be mild dehydration) or a lack of oxygen causing your discomfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You will be able to tell if your belly contracts...it gets ROCK HARD...

But yeah, as the others have told you, if they don't go away even after the water or change of positions...call your prenatal caregivers.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 5:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2009