IS THIS A NORMAL FEELING OR IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME????

FOR YEARS NOW I HAVE WANTED TO BE A MOMMY AND HAVE PREPARED MYSELF SO I THOUGH SO DH AND I STARTED TRYING AND FINALLY IT HAPPENED AND I HAVE BEEN SO HAPPY BUT NOW IM 7 WEEKS ALONG AND AM SCARED AND NOT SURE IF I WANT THIS OR NOT AND IM SO CONFUSED AND I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL OR NOT WILL THIS FEELING GO AWAY OR DO I REALLY NOT WANT TO BE A MOMMY NOW THAT IM PREGNANT??!???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't feel bad. Both times I've gotten pregnant, that's all I could think about was how much I wanted to have a baby. Then, the second I got positives all I could think was, oh crap, am I ready for this? Those are normal feelings I think. It will change. Just wait until you hear the heartbeat for the first time. Hang in there...you're just on an emotional roller coaster!
    JacesMommy627

Answer by JacesMommy627 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Okay, you need to relax. Take a few deep breaths. Yes, this is actually very common. I wanted a baby for years and when I finally was pregnant, my first thought was " Oh No, what have I done" Occasionally, I still think that I might have liked to wait a little longer. It doesn't make you a bad person and it won't make you a bad mother. It simply makes you human. Congratulations by the way!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i think it will go away once your baby comes you will know while u stay in the hospital and u can make ur decision later if you decide it not your thing adoption but i hope u stick with it kids are wonderfull things you will see
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I felt the same, its normal. Mine went away around 20 weeks when I knew I was having a girl and I could go buy things and all of the sudden if became "real"
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I've been asking myself the same question, if there is something wrong with me. All of a sudden I'm scared that something will go wrong, or that I wont be able to do it, & on & on & on...I thought it was just me & the fact that sometimes I psych myself out of what I want...but apparently it looks to be a normal feeling while pregnant. I hope all goes well fo you, GOOD LUCK!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think a lot of it is hormones. Im 33 weeks and still feel like that sometimes. Of course I do want my baby and I would n never give him up or anything. Some days im just scared. My whole lifes about to change and I have the biggest responsibilty ever. It can be scary. Yes I think you really do want to be a mommy. It normal to worry and be scared. Congratulations!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It's completely normal. ESPECIALLY if this is your first pregnancy. It's supposedly signafies your fear of losing your old life.

When I was in my last 2 week I almost had a nervous break down freaking out about whether or not I was ready. The minute I saw her I never worried again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2009