To those of you who have been PG more than once and went into labor ON YOUR OWN or by a NATURAL method...

If you have had more than one baby and if you went into labor ON YOUR OWN or used something NATURAL like raspberry leaf tea what week did you go into labor?

I'm in my 2nd pregnancy and was induced last time so I didn't do this by myself but my doc said that most 2nd pregnancies go around 38-39 weeks so I'm just wondering.

------PLEASE no medical induction stories. No offense to anyone. I just am NOT having any type of medical induction so those stories are not helpful to me. Thanks for understanding.------

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 2nd ones do go faster usually for your body nows more of whats happening but everyone is difrent and u may go later then 40 who knows nobody does good luck
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i dont know about the whole 38- 39 wks thing cause im 5 days passed my due date and this is my second pregnancy i went into labor with my dd on her due date no medical help excepted they had to break my water idk if that is considered induction or not since i was already progressing on my own but when my water was broken i only took 3 hours for her to come on out
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• What does RRL tea got to do with anything? It tones the uterus, nothing more.
    And if you're wondering about "natural inductions"; first off- your body will go into labour when it is ready to, not before; second- if you truly believe you are inducing yourself with something "natural" how are you going into labour NATURALLY??

Both my births I went into labour on my own. DD1 at 40 weeks, DD2 at 41 weeks 3 days..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'm NOT asking about natural induction methods but I firmly believe that no matter what you do to "naturally" induce yourself it's not going to work unless your body is ready anyway so I don't really consider 'natural induction" to be induction at all.

And lots of women on here have said that their midwives suggested RLT to help "induce labor"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Those women obviously misinterpreted their midwives. RRL tea is to tone the uterus.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• with my oldest I was induced and with my daughter who is 5 years younger, I went into labor naturally, I had sex and my husband was always finishing. and I tried nipple stimulation. I never tried the teas or anything.
    nessy1980

Answer by nessy1980 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• With both my deliveries, I went into labor naturally. I went to 41 weeks with the first. I had been told they were going to induce the next day because my fluid levels were low. I went into labor that night. Then with my second, I had preterm labor from 17 weeks on. I had my daughter 11 days early. My contractions stopped when I was about 5 cm so they gave me pitocin since my labor had been stopped so many times before. Then my contractions stopped again at 10 cm and I delivered with no contractions.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• All three of my labors began naturally. I delivered the first at 38 weeks, the second at 39 weeks, and the third on her due date.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• 1st pregnancy-41 weeks
    2nd-39 weeks
    3rd-5 days before due date
    4th-1 day before due date.

It is a misconception that additional pregnancies result in delivering earlier. LABOR is usually faster. Pregnancy typically lasts 38-40 weeks. Sometimes more and sometimes less. Your labor "should" go faster but don't be disappointed if you don't deliver by 38th week just because this is your second pregnancy.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Oh and for the record. No inductions for any of mine. Baby will come when he/she and the body is ready. I wish you the best!
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2009