I asked 2 times and got no answers...anyone who has had an IUD removed

I got my IUD taken out wednesday, and since then I have been bleeding, I know thats normal. But is it normal to soak a tampon every 45 mins to an hour? Its huge chunks too...?

BTW- the last period I had before this was a year before my DD was concieved

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• how big of chunks if bigger then a half dollar you should go in
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• not that big...a little bigger than a dime
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• you should be fine what color is it bright red dark red ?
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• The chunks are dark red, but the "goo" around them is bright...
    How long does the bleeding last?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• prob no longer then a week to two weeks other wise id go in and maybe it would be best if you called the nurse line and asked them for really heavy bright red is bad
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i read and most last 10 days and a lot have had heavy and bleeding just watch it and rest a lot and dont use tampons u pads till after ur first period then do back to tampons tampons are not good after stuff and neither is a lot of lifting and activities rest a lot
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• After mine came out- the bleeding got worse and worse- clots and LOTS of blood (soaked through my night time pad through my PJ's and onto my bed- not pretty....) My doctor said that while bleeding is normal, and it is heavy with some clots- some people need some hormones to get their uterus back to normal. I had to go on hormones for 10 days and was like new right away. So if you are concerned- call the doctor! Mine didn't even see me- just called the medicine into the pharmacy. I felt so much better afterward- I don't know why I waited!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2009