back Pain

Since about 8 mos preg til now (had my baby two months ago) My back has been killing me and even more so after birth anybody else with this problen any ideas to help!!!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• Work on tightening your abs.  If the abs are lax then the ligaments that hold your pelvis together become lax and that creates back pain.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• have you mentioned this to your dr???
    I definantly would
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• did you have a epidural? and where does you back hurt
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Haven't talked to my dr. had to switch drs. after the baby was born and my next appt is in April with the new doc! so no not yet.

And no epidural and it's pretty much just in the middle up and down
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I didn't get any back pain until I went into labor with my 3rd child and I ended up with back labor and her head lying on my sciatic nerve. The epidural they gave me only blocked the unaffected side...bummer. Since she was born I had to deal with low back pain off and on with sciatic pain down the back of my leg. As the years went by it got worse and I ended up needing to walk with a cane and having physical therapy. One morning I woke up paralyzed from the waist down and had an emergency diskectomy surgery. I was doing pretty good for a couple years with bearable pain until I got a job standing all day and over a 2 year period it got worse again. Now I have osteoarthritis with stenosis and lots of spurs. I can't work due to chronic pain and will be receiving steroid shots soon. If they don't work then I'll have the nerve numbed. Last option is fusion surgery, which I don't want.

See your doc!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009