Has anyone heard of this?

"JOIN THE NEW AMERICAN TEA PARTY, SEND A TEA BAG ON APRIL 1, 2009 TO 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVE, WASHINGTON D.C. 20500 AND TELL OUR GOVERNMENT ENOUGH OF THE BS, WE WANT ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY, NOT SHOVED THROUGH PORK SPENDING "

I don't really have an opinion about it, I ran across this in the comments on CNN. I was just curious if anyone here had heard about it. Do you think this type of thing is an effective form of protest? It seems sending this to congress instead of the White House might be a better message.

Liansmommie

Asked by Liansmommie at 1:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have not heard of it until now.  I can't really say if it's effective or not, but I'm sure if President Obama receives 300 million teabags, he might notice.  lol

TazzMom

Answer by TazzMom at 3:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I don't know I guess we should cover our basis and send to both? That's my new plan.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 3:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yup :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Ohh and there is also this site

http://www.taxdayteaparty.com/
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I definitely think tax day would be a better choice for an organized protest than April fool's day. Thanks for the link, I hadn't heard of that either.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Well, both April 1st and the 15th fall on Wednesday's this year. It's likely Obama won't even notice...he's usually having a party! NOW, if someone replaced his $100/ounce steak with some teabags you MIGHT have a captive audience for like a minute! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Lorikeet"NOW, if someone replaced his $100/ounce steak with some teabags you MIGHT have a captive audience for like a minute!

LOL Girl, I LOVE the way you think :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• He will have a tea party complete with little tea cakes for all his supporters.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 9:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think it is a stupid idea and they will probably get all of like 300 tea bags.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• there are other teaparties that do not involve teabags, where real people are organizing to get him out of office and GOP ahead in 2010. the teabags are just a notice to him of what's going on and how many people are actively participating.
    We have over 5000 teabags to be mailed to him so far. Family Size.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2009