period cramps in late pregnancy?

the past couple of days, I've been having period like cramping.. you know the feeling you got before your period came/when it was ending ? the back pain, and the tummy cramps.. .well thats what i'm having..
does this mean labour is comming to its time ? and if so ? how soon did it happen for you ? :P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say yes. But I can't be for sure since all of my labor was in my hips. But I have heard of it being like that so maybe.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 3:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• OH YEAH! I had this same exact feeling. It only went away when I got up and walked around. When I was in labor, it started out as feeling that way...and quickly got vry painful. I thought I was going to die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yay anon, so nice of you to state the whole i felt like i was gonna die part she knows that, we all know it hurts poster - it could be the beginning of labor, false labor, ect. but i would call your dr or this hotline 1-800-ia-health yes it is an iowa hotline but anyone from anywhere can call there, i love using them!
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 6:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Could be "warm-up" contractions. My labor was in front and back, and felt like very intense period cramps. Since you say you are late in the pregnancy, it could be the beginning of labor. Good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• They are contractions. They may develop rather quickly into active labor, or you may do this for awhile. I had what you are describing for literally the entire second half of my pregnancy, and I didn't go into real active labor until my due date.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• probably braxton hicks. everyone gets them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• lol I've had one child already ! so nothing scares me ! I know it hurts like hell.. ( well for me not THAT bad .. but bad enough) . but i never expeirenced anything like this before in the first .
    so who knows . thanks guys :D
    Anonymous

• I've been having these cramps for the passed week and a half... Tuesday I was in the hospital for contractions that were 3 minutes apart for 4 hours... Dilated to 3... then stopped... Soooo yes, I believe it is a sign that labor is coming on! Congrats!
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 2:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009