If you had to move to another country, which would it be, and why?

Have at it!

Praying

Asked by Praying at 3:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• U.S.A 'cause I've been there and attended school there and a piece of my heart is still there :-( I miss Ocala
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 3:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Japan, because that's where we have orders for next - we're moving there at the end of the school year :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You will like Japan. We lived in Okinawa for years and we loved it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• We're pretty excited about it. We're going to Misawa. I'm really looking forward to going back outside the cont. US again. Not that I don't love my country, and all the places I've seen in it, but I like to travel and move and I'm ready for a change.

lol - plus, my dh is going to be on shore duty there, so home a lot more - that's always a good thing :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Oh I have heard lots of good things about Misawa. Good for you!!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• We actually fairly extensively researched this last year this time... we ended up choosing New Zealand. The reason we are not there right now is twofold- it would use up too much of our $$$ to go and make sure it is right for us; and then my hubby killed our car with a deer and so we had to use said $$$ for new car... We liked it cuz one it was safe. Two, it was rural- mostly- and gorgeous. Three, jobs, homes, schools- all reasonable, etc.

Main drawbacks were cost of travel/move. Jobs and housing seemed difficult to do from here, and too much money to go...

We also seriously considered Netherlands/Holland. I am half Dutch, look very Dutch/Viking/Celtic. I have always been drawn to there- & they are a very open society. I have been told I/we would fit right in.You need a job before they will let you in- hard to find a job from here...

So we stayed & gave America one more chance- & got pleasantly surprised in Nov 08!

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 4:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Canada.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• May sound cliche, but Costa Rica :P It's my boyfriend's home country and it sounds beautiful. I can't wait to go in a few years and take our daughter.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• And you guys have been to Japan are so lucky. I want to go there >:( A guy I graduated with is stationed in Yokosuka in the Navy, and he hates it there. It's so frustrating, yanno? He got a free trip over there and isn't grateful for it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Probably Canada because I don't know much about the European countries I would be interested in. I would want to move to Canada because from what I know about Canada it seems to be a more mellow place that has a lot of things that this country doesn't (midwives, for example).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009