Is it dorky of me to say....

That I really love the moms here in Q andA? Some don't like me, many like my jokes,  few have invited me as friends and that really means a lot to a lonely mom like me. Do you like,love,appreciate your friends here? ......I do.

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 3:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do....and I certainly appreciate you Gigi! There are a bunch of nice ladies here on Q&A who make coming in here all the more worthwhile.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I like it - I have to admit it, in a lot of ways, I prefer it to the regular boards, because you meet such a cross section of people here as opposed to the specialty boards. lol - I still like those, too though.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You have no idea how much I do!  This is a great place with a lot of kind, supportive moms.  I have made wonderful friends here and it is a very valuable outlet for a SAHM who often spends two weeks at a time home alone with a two-year-old. 

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 3:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• huh? where did these moms come out of? the woodwork?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I haven't really talked to many moms on here. But by reading some of the Q & A I can tell there are some cool moms.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 4:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Awwww that's sweet Gigi! I like you:) i would send you a friend request, but I'm an anon and most mom's on here don't care for me plus I can't reveal my identity, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Mary, that is what I was talking about, I have met cool moms and grandmas that have absolutely nothing in common with me except my sense of humor and on the other hand I have met moms and grandmas that touch my heart for some reason, I know I sound stupid and sentimental but oh well. I also have people that just hate me for what I say and I'm not even that controversial!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I like reading the questions, and the answers and seeing what other people have to say. More often than not, if I agree with someone I will click on her profile, or send her a message. I like feeling like there are people I connect with. I think it's interesting how I will agree with a mom on some topics, but not others. But, that's what makes us all individuals, right? I just wish that people didn't have to be so cruel. I had a lady jump on me once because I said I was getting my 2 year old checked for autism, on a discipline question. Because I was saying that when you discipline a child, you have to look at a lot of things.. including their understand. *sigh*
    But whatever...
    I appreciate all my friends. And I have found that usually my "best" friends are the ones I have never even met in real life. They are the ones I met here on cafemom, and on a preemie forum I am part of. I am so thankful for the Internet.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 4:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Kudos Tiffanyp1980, I have met .... well you saw my OP and many have been so cool with me.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Awwwwwww Gigi thats so sweet! no seriously it really is and while I cant speak for everyone else
    I can say that its ditto to you lol
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2009