• In the Spotlight:

Do you think all women should carry guns?

If every woman carried a gun, no one would ever bother us, attempt to rape us, and we'd all feel safe.

Your thoughts?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Agreed. But what if some woman got pissed at someone and just shot them? I'd be a bit terrified cuz you know there are crazy people out there that would do such thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I live in Alaska... it's not uncommon for a woman to be carrying a concealed gun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have no problem if a women carries a gun if she chooses to. As long as she is educated on the handling, use, and care of owning a gun. Ohh, and as long as she isn't a convicted felon or illigal alien.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No we would not all be safe but I would carry a gun. I had to be certified with the state and my job. The classes were very interesting and you would be surprised with a gun vs knife fight.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I dont have a problem with all women carrying a gun. I have been carrying one since I was 18. It was a graduation gift from my parents. I just say educate them first!
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• That's not a good reason to owe a gun for women or anyone.

What do you think a gun can protect you?

Don't go to places that you aren't supposed to go, try to leave with someone together to the dark parking lot. Letting someone know you are leaving or heading home, get your car key ready before you start walking to the car, don't talk on the cell phone but have it handy.

Look and pay attention when you walk alone in a quiet street or parking lot.

Finally, stop being paraniod.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I would carry one in my purse. I am a hunter and i believe its my right to own guns. I believe education is key. My only problem now is that fact my kids get into my purse and i rather not at this age. but when they get older i probably will.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think it's criminal that in some states, women aren't allowed to carry because the state won't allow anyone to carry.

And as for this:
    what if some woman got pissed at someone and just shot them
    It would just make less mess than when that same woman poisons his coffee or stabs him 40 times in his sleep. You probably have 100 ways to kill someone between your kitchen and your garage, even if you don't own a gun.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• That's not a good reason to owe a gun for women or anyone

Fortunately, our Constitution disagrees with you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Mentally unstable or mentally ill people should not have guns
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009