Walgreens shoppers please help me on an rr ?

I went to walgreens the other day and got the toothpase that you are supposed to get $3.50 rrs on. I paid for it with my $8.00 rrs that I got from the Blink Eye Drops. My $3.50 rrs did not print out so I asked the cashier why they didn't. She said it was because I used my $8.00 rrs to pay for the item. I know that other people use their rrs to pay for items that they get rrs on becuase I have seen it on blogs so I am wondering if this happens or was the cat coupon printer just messed up and the cashier didn't want to tell me? I always shop at CVS and do the ebcs so I figured that rrs are the same thing and work the same way. Please help me cause I am just starting to use Walgreens and would like to know the ins and outs before I go back.

ashlrenee

Asked by ashlrenee at 4:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Shopping

• Bear with me, but I worked at Walgreens for a year. I believe some items had catalina coupons that printed afterwards and others didn't. It all depended on the particular item. If that's incorrect I'm sorry, I'm a little fuzzy this early in the morning yanno? lol. If nobody can give you a good enough answer, though...try calling your store and speaking to a manager. They can help you out as well =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I HATE walgreens I will not shop there, sorry!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• our walgreens cant even get a good credit card to go through, then they tell everyone flat out, you must be over your limit, pisses me off, i have never been over limit and they have done it so much to diff people i know/have seen i dont go there anymore.... dont go there if you can. they suck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Okay here's the scoop:

Just shop at CVS. Wags is soooo annoying and finicky and unreliable. Sometimes you can use a RR to pay for a prod that will produce a diff rr and sometimes you can't and I have no idea when / why you can sometimes and can't others. I just don't do it - if I shop there I don't roll.

That's why I like CVS and giant eagle infinately more.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 3:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2009