breast feeding

I was reading breastfeeding Q&A's on here. And I noticed some women know people who don't allow breastfeeding in their home. Would you ever ask someone not to breastfeed in your home ? and why?

Have3Girls114

Asked by Have3Girls114 at 4:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of someone doing. WTF!! Who would ban a woman from breastfeeding their child I mean like come on what would they say, "Oh I'm sorry you can't do that in my house so your baby has to go hungry" again WTF!!! I could never tell someone to not feed their baby in my home. Breastfeeding is a natural thing and God intended for the lil ones to be fed that way so no I would never do that and cannot see how anyone else would. PHEEEW!! Sorry about the rant ladies but people like that just bother me LOL!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 5:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• OMG no. I hate it when people are anti breastfeeding or anti formula feeding. Why can't people just accept the fact that everyone has the right to chose how to feed their kid(s) and get out of everyone's business? I'm not aiming this at anyone, I'm just saying that I wish everyone would get along better and stop arguing over things they don't have control over. I would allow formula or breastfeeding in my home. It's not my decision how other people feed their child, so I don't care. Though I do make it a point to tell my pregnant friends the benefits of breastfeeding and formula feeding (just facts about each, mixed with my personal experience) to try to help them make the best feeding decision for them and their child.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• AMEN to that Mrs.BAT!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 5:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Wow. I've never heard of that. If they're uncomfortable, perhaps they should just ask them if they'd like privacy, like a bedroom. Wow.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I've never been in a house where it was banned before, but I did have a woman who we used as a daycare provider for my son for a couple of months who acted uncomfortable about having to use breast milk to feed my son while he was with her. I prepared all of his bottles ahead of time so all she had to do was heat the bottles up, but she acted as if she was inconvenienced and disgusted by it! I could not believe it! Needless to say, we did not keep her as our care provider for very long, and now I am fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom with my second child, so I don't have to worry about it anymore!!! :-)
    sarah_smile

Answer by sarah_smile at 7:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No I would never. Just hope that she would consider my family and just cover up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Huh? are you serious OP? It almost sounds like don't change your baby diaper in my house.
    That's rude guest host.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2009