wisdom tooth

my wisdom teeth started coming out in the middle of my pregnancy and i had some rough nights behind me thank god tylenol did help me..
but now one of the wisom teeth is pushing ALL my teeth together and half of my jaw is aching soooo badly for the last 5 hours. i cant take it no more. nothing helped

please any advise?! can i wait the pain out or will it continue forever? im desperate for help. is it safe to get it removed while pregnant? i cant take it no more

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 4:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it's hurting you that badly you need to see your dentist ASAP. I don't know about having them removed during pregnancy, because that depends on whether or not they are impacted. If the teeth are impacted the only way to remove them is to go under general anaesthesia and have them surgically removed. I am not sure if that is safe during pregnancy. If the teeth aren't impacted, then your dentist may be able to administer Novocaine and pull them. This, I believe, is safe during pregnancy.

You can try going to the ER if you are in that much pain, though you will most likely have to wait a while before they give you some pain medication and send you on your way. In the meantime, I would try a cold compress to lessen the pain. Put a few ice cubes in a plastic bag and cover it with a thin towel or washcloth (dry). Hold it on your jaw for 10 minutes, then take it off for five. Good luck.

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I mine came in about the middle of pregnancy also....and sadly there not removing mine til after the pregnancy! I am sure its just a precaution. Yes like jess said you could take pain meds or apply ice....until they cut in for sure there really is no stopping the pain. I know I know sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You should call your dentist for sure. But it is possible they will want to wait until after you deliver, if you are already in your third trimester. Second trimester is the safest time for dental work. Good luck!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• same thing happening to me. i'm just bearing through it ... thats what ya gottado then thats what you gotta do ..
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009