How do I get rid of a ghost? Do you believe in them?

Loud noises are waking me up in the middle of the night. Unexplained noises that others can hear.

Cabominny

Asked by Cabominny at 6:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Light a white candle and ask them to leave and go to the light. Tell them they are dead and need to continue on their journey to the next part of their existence, there is nothing more for them here.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Offer it a cup of tea and make friends. At least that's what I did with the ghosts in my apartment. I still hear those wierd thumps in the night though. (No offense, OP)

In all seriousness, I have no idea. Maybe you need like... ghost hunters? But if it's not like, evil or anything I wouldn't worry.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 6:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I hope it's not evil, but how does one know? I'm totally freaked out!
    Cabominny

Answer by Cabominny at 7:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• After several losses in my family, I started seeing unexplainable shadows move through the house at certain times of the night, and a certain light flickered seemingly in response to me crying. I was pretty sure it as my mother and my cat visiting and watching over me through a very difficult period. But sometimes it freaked me out, none the less. (I never believed in that stuff before, but this was undeniable, not in my head, not a serios of coincidences, it was really happening.) So one night I talked to them. I told them I appreciated them being around, but that they were scaring me and I'd like them to stop. I also said, "if you are not so and so (my relative or my cat) then I'd like you to please leave." And then it stopped. I haven't seen those things since, and it's been over a year. So, maybe just try asking them to leave you alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Do what Sylvia Browne says to. Tell them that they are dead and go into the light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I agree with both of the anonymous. Also, don't be scared. Maybe, if you feel you don't want to do it, you can find a Medium to assist you.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I do believe in spirits/ghosts. Most of the time "getting rid of them" is as simple as stating out loud something like "if there is someone here, you are frightening me, please stop making these noises and haunting this house". Of course there are many many mundane reasons there might be strange noises at night, so you should also look for explainable causes. It might be something quite simple to fix.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• The goal of wicked spirit creatures is simply this: They want to distract and mislead us from developing a personal relationship with our Creator. They influence people to disobey God’s righteous requirements, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Therefore, spiritism leads to divine disapproval, hopelessness, and eventual destruction.—Revelation 21:8.
    The greatest protection is developing a personal relationship with the true God, Jehovah. Note the course of action outlined at James 4:7, 8: “Subject yourselves, therefore, to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones.”
    Anonymous

• â–ª What spiritistic practices must Christians avoid?—Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Revelation 21:8.
    ▪ Who promotes spiritism?—2 Corinthians 2:11; 11:14; Revelation 12:9, 12.
    ▪ How can we protect ourselves from wicked spirits?—James 4:7, 8.
    Anonymous

• move!
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 1:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009