Do you think the questions of the last few days have divided the factions?

What I mean is, do you feel the believers are on one side,the non-believers on the other,and these questions are just creating more division,instead of what they were originally meant for, to give moms a forum to honestly ask and receive answers to spiritual and religious questions,not to be used as a bashing forum,on both sides? I honestly feel as if the sides have polarized,and since both feel they are right, neither will budge,and there will never be any unity on this site, except for what already exists between the members of those groups already? Do you feel they can ever learn to get along,and as someone said on another post agree to disagree. That everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if if doesn't agree with your's? As I read through the posts of the last few days, more and more, it appears to be baited questions, simply to incite hatred and mistrust,and misunderstandings. Does anyone agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you answer in a respectful manner, present your ideas and not use insulting language or personal attacks in your answers then the whole process can be quite thought provoking.

The same can be said that you shouldn't phrase your questions in a way that is very obviously intended to bait people and start drama with passive-aggressive insults and backhanded complements.
    Anonymous

• do you feel the believers are on one side,the non-believers on the other,

You mean somehow more divided than you just made them with that comment?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I do think most of the regulars on "Religion and Beliefs" are pretty set in their ways, but I do not feel we could "never get along". I have come to know and respect the regulars here for their contributions to this thread. It's funny because when I want to post a regular question under "Just For Fun" or in my groups I find myself wanting to know what the regulars here would say (in a different arena). I'm sure we all have more in common than what we know! In spite of our differences I have enjoyed this opportunity to get to know others and share points of view.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Thank you for proving my point. You took a perfectly innocent statement, twisted it,and made it sound like you wanted it to .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Sorry, on that above post, I was speaking to notpanicking,not to deedee3849. DeeDee, you made some very good points, thank you for seeing what I was trying to say,and not twisting it around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• group hugHave a great day everyone!

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You too,sweetie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

You mean there's another way to interpret "believers and non-believers" than people who agree with you and everyone else who must believe in nothing, hence why you would call them "non-believers"?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I don't think it is believers vs. non-believers. I mean, I think that is too general. There are way more than 2 types of belief systems represented here, and there are way more than two "sides" to this ongoing argument. I think it is just what happens when you get people together in an online forum who have very different views of religion and spirituality. I hear what you're saying, but I guess I don't see it the same way. I think what you're talking about is inevitable, but there is still a lot of learning and support that goes on in the spaces in between all the arguing. And who says this forum was only for the purpose you described? I would argue that this website is actually mainly for entertainment and socialization, and all the arguing and bicering that goes on in here definitely fits in with that purpose.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You know,a couple of weeks ago,we all went out to a lunch.There were 9 of us,from all walks of life.Noone pointed out the differences and we had a nice lunch and picked on the waiter and then tipped him $50 for putting up with us.I believe that is what notpanicking was saying.
    We did point out our own differences and that was fine.It is called being an adult and looking for things we have in common rather than searching for something to degrade with.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 10:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2009