Can a female be in love with someone she knows she can not have?

willsurvive

Asked by willsurvive at 9:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Yup. It's often the fact that we want what we can't have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Hmm. I'm thinking more like being in lust..Crushing or lusting after someone would be a better way of defining that. No, not in my opinion, a woman can't be in love with someone who is comitted to another person.

Love is something you choose to do. It's choosing to committ to someone, respect them, care for them and place their needs above your's.

Lust is a feeling of desire for someone sexually, emotionally and physically-Lust is a selfish want. Love is selfless. I think people who desire a married man fall under the "lusting" category. You want him for yourself.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I definitely think that a woman can be in love with someone she can't have. In fact, I think far too many women get them selves into those situtaions whether she can't have whom she wants because he emotionally unavailable or involved with someone else. I think that many women have low self esteem and self worth and seek people whom do not give them everything they deserve. Everyone deserves to be happy. Everyone deserves to be respected. Everyone deserves to be loved. even if that love can only come from yourself. I think there is someone out there for everyone, someone who you will fulfil  each persons needs but, I think you have to be whole and ok with you to find it.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yup, happens all the time.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Anyone can feel that way!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes, I believe it's possible.. I myself was in love with someone who I knew loved me back... BUT........ I was engaged to be married.. and I end up getting married.. The guy and I knew each other for a long time.. We grew up in church together.. He was full of games and still is today thats how I knew it wouldn't work.

Two days before my wedding he expressed his feelings for me.. I wasn't shock because I already knew how he felt a/b me.

I didn't call off my wedding.. Even though I loved two men.. I loved my husband more.. Because he treated me the way a women should be treated.. I wasn't going to make a mistake in calling off my wedding for the other guy.

I knew if it was meant to be for us.. It would have happen a long time ago..

Yes, you can be in love with two people at once..

More than likely, he/she is not the person who deserves you..

I love him until this day.. But he is NOT the one for me.
    Elizabeth1837

Answer by Elizabeth1837 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Continue from the above post Elizabeth1837:

I beleive at times we all want someone we can't have.. If or once we be with that person.. It will not be what we thought it to be..

More than likely it wouldn't be for the long haul..

Hopefully you all understood where I was coming from..

Elizabeth1837

Answer by Elizabeth1837 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Some people love the wanting, not the having. That being said, I've had times where I loved someone and I wished I didn't, because it hurt... either because they didn't want me, or because it was a bad relationship and I still couldn't let go. I don't know why anyone would say you can choose to be in love or not, because there were times I would have chosen not to be, and saved myself some grief!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yeah I think she can
    Amber-Leigh

Answer by Amber-Leigh at 1:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yep. While married I was "in love" with his best friend. Couldn't help it. And I couldn't have him.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009