Can a person be in love with two people at the same time?

willsurvive

Asked by willsurvive at 9:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I suspect that she or he can, yes. Perhaps the objects of her affection appeal to different parts of her personality. How strongly the other person responds to her and returns her love may influence how she feels towards that person in the end.

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Absolutely.

I am going to guess you mean in love, as in sexual desire type love, and not the love of a mother or daughter...right? I mean obviously I am in love with my husband AND my children. But I'm "guessing" that you mean like your husband and another SO?

I think you can be, but I think it would be completely unfair to the one you have committed to to entertain those thoughts any more than you have to. I love my husband very much, and I'm not in love with anyone else, but I do have a love for a couple of my ex's. It's a different kind of love.

I do NOT think you can be devoted in love with more than one person.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think a person can love two people at once. I guess some people have enough energy to to be "in love" with more than one person.  I guess my opinion would be shaped by my position in the triangle. If my SO told me he loved me and someone else I wouldn't buy it or t least I wouldn't put up with it. If I felt "in love" with two people I would wonder what was wrong with the "main" person I was with and my relationship with that person that I allowed that to happen. If I was the "extra person" I would wonder why I didn't value myself enough to seek someone unattached and truly available. It depends on a lot of things and I think there are more complex issues and drives at work than "love".

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• IMO opinion, no, because you are not giving your heart to one person. When the right person is around theres no reason for another to be in the picture.You can love 2 people, but, I don't think you can be in love with 2. Being in love with someone means you give all your love to them in that particular way. Thats just me thinking that way!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yes you can be in love with two people b/c I have!!! it's a hard thing & unless you have been there, you wouldn't know. it's all easy to say it's unfair to the "other person" but you can help your feelings, rather it's right or wrong. Sometimes people can do different things for one person-TRUST ME, I know!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think you can love more than one person at the same time. Not sure about the being "in love" with two at the same time.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I feel that yes you can be in love with two people at the same time, but of course for different reasons!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think you can be in LUST with more than one person at a time, but no in LOVE with them. If you believe you are in LOVE with more than one person, than your definition of love needs to be redefined.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• the bachelor says yes lol
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• idk. I never have been but my x cheated on me, and I think he loved me and her because I was the one he was with, and she came to his house when I was there and we all got into this big ass fight it was like something you would see on a movie.. anyways she told him to choose and he chose me. Then three weeks later he left me for her. I dont know actually if he loved me because why would he do that? I dont know.. maybe im not sure I thought he loved me but idk!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009