Please help...

OK, so my 6 m/o DD has been pretty good about sleeping thru the nite since she was about 3-4 months old....lately it's actually getting worse...I am even giving her a big bottle just before bed. We co-sleep and I don't know if that makes a difference, if she is smelling me but she is literally waking up every hour if not sooner. I know they have periods of wakefulness before they are a couple years old but is it supposed to get worse?? And I am BFing at nite and if she wakes up i try to feed her and she sucks about 5 times then falls back asleep regardless of how hard I try to keep her awake....then I put her down and an hour later she's up again. I have music on, fans on and her sleep sheep. don't know what else I can do? any suggestionS?

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 10:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She might be ready to move into her own room. It is possible that sleeping with you has suddenly started to disturb her sleep. Everyone wakes up several times a night and goes right back to sleep. Now that she is getting a little older, she is very aware of her surroundings so when she wakes up and sees you, it is hard to go back to sleep. It could also be teething, a new skill she is working on (sitting up or crawling maybe?) or even a growth spurt. Babies sometimes just go through periods where they have trouble sleeping. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Nothing really comes to mind. Does she use a pacifier? It sounds like she may just want the sucking to soothe her? My DD is 3 years old and STILL wakes up constantly throughout the night. I slept with her as well, which didn't make any difference because she was still waking up! Good Luck, just remember that the beautiful sleep you once had, will not return for a longgg time! lol.. Hope you find your answers!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My son went though (and is still going through) the same thing... I think it was 2 things with my son... 1. a phase.. just making sure I was still there. And would do the same thing with eating... a couple of sucks and then go back to sleep. and 2. teething... once the bottom two came through he is waking less often... but still seems to wake up and make sure I am still there
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I always kept my kids in my room till they slept through the night, but not in my bed, I think it makes it harder for them to sleep through the night..... try a pacifier if you haven't allready... but it IS possible that your poor babe is teething allready, and thet would explain the oddities you explained.

I don't know what to tell you to do for it, most of my kids likes to chew on a cool dish rag. or our fingers.
    but good luck mama.
    stillfatmama

Answer by stillfatmama at 11:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2009