tmi...

Every single time me and my SO have sex it hurts when he puts it in... I feel like a virgin all over again. After we have sex I feel like he ripped me open and I'm sore for two days. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• YES!! I have the SAME exact problem. I have always had a sensitive vagina, as my doctor called it. It even is sooo painful when I get a pap smear done. They thought that it could be because I wasn't lubricated enough, but while doing the pap they could clearly see that I was. Sometimes it even feels like their is just water up inside of me... and it feels like its getting stuck as it moves in and out? Sometimes I even have to stop him from having sex because it hurts me so badly.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes, go to your doctor. I had the same problem for a very long time. There are MANY things your doc can give you to help with this. I had to use lidocaine ointment about 10 minutes before doing it PLUS lots of lube. I know it's kinda unsexy to plan your sex ahead of time, but believe me it's worth it. More than likely your vestibular glands are swollen for some reason, probably hormonal changes, this can cause pain, almost like feeling like gravel scraping you to pieces even with lube. I have been there, PM me if you have any questions. I mean, this may not be whats bothering you, but it sounds exactly like what I went thru.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It wasn't like this until I got pregnant then it continued after I had our daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Thats how I was as well.. after I had my daughter 3 years ago it started hurting me really bad. Then it stopped.. and I am pregnant again, and its happening all over again....
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Same for me. It's more than likely caused by hormonal changes. Mine lasted for a while....like months. But please, as embarrassing as it might be to tell your doc, tell him/her every detail. here is a great website:

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/obgyn/patedu/vulvarvaginaldisease/vestibulitis.html

Hormones can change the pH of your hoo-haa....which is what was going on in my case.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My husband just reminded me about foods too...I had to eliminate high oxalate foods. My doc had all this info. that he gave me. I wish I still had it, I tossed it a few months back cause everything has been normal with me for a while. Sometimes it still hurts on entry, but not nearly as bad as it was in the months after i had my daughter (she's 2.5 y/o).

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2009