DO YOU FEEL SMOKING SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ALL PUBLIC PLACES?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 10:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its banned here in Ohio and it is great and I love it. I do believe it should because that is a choice to kill yourself- the people around doesn't have that right to smell it in when they are around. I love it now. Its only fair.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My city is very anti-smoking. I love it. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and I like to breathe so it's been great for me. I do feel for those smokers out there but they chose to start smoking, I shouldn't have to suffer for their bad habit.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 10:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Absolutely!!! I am a former smoker and I can not stand the smell of smoke. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. My children and I have the right to breathe clean air without the chemicals of cigaretts polluting it.

I also think it should be illegal to smoke in a car or home with minors in it. I realize you can't bust everyone who does it, but I think if you get caught you should be fined.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Well Im sure that since ciggerates are going up $3.00 and some odd cents in tax A LOT of people will be quitting, because in this economy nobody can afford 1 pack of smokes for almost 8 dollars a pack right? Yes, I do think it should be banned from public places.. exspcially resturaunts. I took my hubby and DD out to eat at a resturaunt and left immediately cause some lady lit up a smoke RIGHT infront of my daughter.. talk about pissed off...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It should be up to the owners of each place.
    emf6874

Answer by emf6874 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Definitely! Even when I used to smoke, I thought the ban was great. And now that I don't, it's even better. I love being able to go to any establishment and not come home smelling like an ashtray!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I believe it should be up to the business owner. I live in Ohio, and I know many people who no longer go out to eat, or to have a drink because they cannot smoke while they are there. the business owners in my area have felt that crunch too. And there is one place in Ohio you can still smoke. Any place that's business is 90% tobacco. It is still legal to smoke there. I learned that a few weeks ago when I went with a friend so he could get tobacco.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think it should be. Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. It's just not possible to contain. Smoking doesn't affect just the smoker, but everyone around the smoker. If it were like drinking, it would be different. We the guy at the table beside me in a restaurant orders a beer...i don't have to share it with him....but if he lights up, well no matter what I do, I'm FORCED to breathe his smoke. So yeah IMO it should be banned. I live in NC, and they are toying with this bill right now to ban it in public places. We are a tobacco state, so it may not pass...but I pray it does.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It already is here. I was against the no smoking in bars thing but now that it's here I actually love it. It's so nice to go out and not have my eyes burning from the smoke.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Where children are, yes. Where the general public goes and can go nowhere else to find what they are looking for (like concerts, plays, lectures, sporting events), yes. Where adults are, and they have a choice where to go (like restaurants) no. Every establishment should have the right to ban or not ban smoking. Bars should have a right to offer smokers a place to smoke, same with restaurants. They don't have to though. The smokers can pick or choose who they will patronize.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2009