BF and conceving?

I am breast feed and have been for almost 6 weeks...Can you get preg. if your BF?? We made love for the first time since our sons birth and we didnt use anything... stupid us!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, you can still get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes you can get pregnant however if you're exclusively breastfeeding (on demand and through the night) it would be more unlikely however still possible. Therefore breastfeeding shouldn't be used as the sole form of birth control.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It is much less likely that you would get pregnant while breast feeding. Most women don't tend to ovulate while breast feeding. However, you could begin ovulating again at any time (which can be triggered by even the slightest drop in milk supply - i.e. giving the baby a bottle, illness, etc) so breast feeding is not the best birth control method. (I started ovulating again as soon as I introduced solids)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• If you have sex, you can get pregnant.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You can but if your exclusively breastfreeding and feeding at night the probability is much lower
    millerbabe07

Answer by millerbabe07 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yeppers you can. I had unprotected sex while BF and didnt get pregnant, it was only once but it could still happen. Get yourself some birth control, I got the IUD and I love it!! No pills or shots, its there for 5 years cause I dont want any more kids for a long time!!! Be careful from now on
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes you for sure can.... but the chances are lower... but still possible
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I did.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yes because your more fertile after the first baby!! especially when your breastfeeding... your hormones are still not in check (or order) lol
    mom4life86

Answer by mom4life86 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2009