Is an antifungal cream safe to use on my one year old? It's Sunday and I can't get her in to her doctor....

My daughter has recently caught a case of ringworm. Most OTC says to only use on 2 and up, but most ppl tell me it's okay as long as she doesn't get it in her eyes and mouth. I have a generic brand antifungal, so I'm hoping that's okay. I can't get her in to see her doc till tomorrow at the earliest, but I know it's contagious so I kinda want to do something now if I can. Plz help!

Triple_A

Asked by Triple_A at 10:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• My doc said it was ok when my little guy was just a few months old. He had a fungal rash around his penis and the doc said any over the counter antifungal would clear it up. Just watch for a reaction just in case, but she should be fine. Good luck!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• A thin layer and keep it covered if at all possible. It's okay. The doctor told me to do it with my youngest when we thought he had it...he was under 2.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Thank you so much you guys. Yeah, a friend suggested I put gauze over it. I just hope I don't get it. Well, I'm gonna go goop up the kid now...
    Triple_A

Answer by Triple_A at 11:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Wash your hands well and sanitize...use plastic gloves. It spreads by contact.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2009