have you ever worked at walmart? did you like it?

I was thinking about applying for a job at walmart but i have heard a lot of people say that they hate working there so i dont know if i should or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It can't be any worse than working for Kmart, which is where I worked for almost 2 years.
    I know at the Wal-Mart in our town when I applied they stipulated that ALL employees HAD to be available to work nights AND weekends, which I couldn't do, so I didn't apply.
    I think it would be fun to work for Wal-Mart, though, if you like to work retail.
    And, hey, a job is a job in today's economy, so if you are fortunate enough to get hired I say take it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My mom has been there for 10 years. Just like every job- there are good things and bad things. Just remember if you can't handle the public and brush of idiots than this is not the job for you
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Honestly, I was 19 when I got hired at Wal-Mart.......I went in for the orientation that morning around 7....and at 12...they let us go for lunch...I never went back. I just never got a good vibe from them...this was right before uniforms were mandatory. I mean I heard good and bad things about working there. I just decided after 5 hours....I could find another job. I did at Krogers awesome job =]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• At the store or distribution center? All of my IL's including my husband work at the DC. I dont think i'd like working at the store. I've never heard anything good about working there. But the DC is a really good job with great benefits. Lots of work though.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My aunt has been working as a greeter for quite some time. She seems to like it.

My younger brother worked there for a while too, doing grunt work and moving things. He didn't like it, but he's incredibly lazy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I worked there when I was 17 and I hated it. The store is out for nothing but money. I don't care what they say, they do not care about the people who work for them. But I also have to say that with the way the economy is right know it would be a good idea to take any job that you can find.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 1:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2009