Shifting a baby's schedule to daylight savings?

My baby (almost a year old) pretty much like clock work goes to sleep at 8pm and wakes up around 7am. Today with the clock changed it was technically alreay 8am when he woke up. So... should I start putting him to sleep at 9pm to keep his natural sleep cycle the same, or should I shift him back to an 8pm bedtime?

Babie4ka

Asked by Babie4ka at 11:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you want him to sleep until 7 or 8? This is the best time to 'move' a baby's schedule
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I guess it wouldn't be so bad if he woke up a bit later
    Babie4ka

Answer by Babie4ka at 11:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I did the same thing and I'm not a baby. We adjust, so will the babies.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I always just kept things to the "correct" time. If I normally fed lunch at noon, I still did it. If he was fussy for a bit, he was fussy for a bit. (of course, this depends on the actual baby's age)

We never really had a big issue with time changes. Some will, yes...but I don't think for the most part it's an issue more than a day or two. Just kind of make them change things by an hour.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I was worried about the same thing. My son always goes down around 830 and gets up between 730 and 830. So this morning he got up at 9 (8 to him) and I tried to keep the day normal with the usual play, lunch, then nap. I just woke him up a little earlier from his nap and will put him to bed at the same time as always.
    BryCamMom80

Answer by BryCamMom80 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009