anyone ever had anything expunged from your criminal record?

I had a shoplifting charge in 1997 when i had just turned 18. Stupid I know. I am now 29 and in school, close to going into the nursing program. I want to get this expunged. They pull criminal records for nursing licensing and I don't want any problems. Has anyone ever done this? How long did the whole process take? It's only $100 and i am sure they will grant it, as I have never been in trouble before that or since then. Wasn't sure what catagory to put it in lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• No. But I did talk to someone about this for a friend of mine. My source says it is NOT hard to do. All you have to do is go to a lawyer and get them to file paperwork to get it expunged. VERY VERY EASY. Don't be intimidated by the paperwork, you will be better off once it is off your record. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2009