8 month old cough

My daughter has a very bad cough that isnt alowing her to sleep alot. She will wake up coughing and cant go back to bed...we were up all night...What can I do to help her?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 12:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes a humidifier will help, or put a little bit of vicks on her feet and then put socks on her.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Humidifier in her room. We even bought some Vicks plug in things.. I don't know how well they worked because by the time we got them he was getting better anyway. They also make a Vapor bath which we used with my son. And baby vicks.
    But that is about all you can do. You'll probably have some sleepless nights... but it won't last too long hopefully.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my daughter had a bad cough and runny nose and she would wake up coughing like a mucus kinda cough. so i sat her up in her carseat and rocked her to sleep. it worked for us but her coughs were like that. i use a vaporizer in my sons roomwhen hes coughing like that. so good luck
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 2:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009