Am I doing the right thing by not letting my two year old go live with her dad

I split up with my daughters and unborn babys dad because he cheated on me and got someone else pregnant a month before I'm due to give birth and now he wants me to let my two y/o daughter go and live with him.

Amber-Leigh

Asked by Amber-Leigh at 12:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope. I wouldnt give it a second thought. Kids that age need mom, especially little girls. He can be a good dad from a distance. Just make sure you dont stand in the way of him having contact with her either. If he really wants to be a dad, no matter how hard it is on you with him putting you through all this crap. What a jerk. I am sorry ou are dealing with all this.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• UMM a big fat NOOOOO!! Your child is only 2, should be with the mom.
    Anonymous

• No way in hell. He is extremely irresponsible. That much is evident by the way he keeps having children.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• NO NO NO! You'll regret it!! Allow him the opportunity to co parent with you, but a child needs their MOM! Only MOM's can teach their children specific things that God needs them to know. A child struggles without a Dad, but without Mom, they are irreparably damaged!! Be sure to help nurture a healthy bond with Dad and don't take that away from your child, learn to be successful co-parents, in spite of your hurt, anger and heartache. It is imperative that the two of you work as a team even though you aren't together, for the child. PLEASE don't do this to your daughter!! If you need help, support or to vent, you can PM me anytime. I'm ncp to two of my children, by way of a corrupt judge/court system but that's a whole other story......I grieve for my two ALL the time!! They grieve for me!! It is damaging!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• OH MY, I re read your question.......LOL LOL.....YES YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING by NOT letting your 2 yo go with her Dad, I read it to be completly opposite! Geez, sorry!! lol
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2009