Is 19 months a good age to take away the bottle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most people I know have taken away bottles way before then. Some as young as 9 months. They use sippy cups.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• They recommend weening from the bottle after 12 months...so yes, it is time.
    krissy0506

Answer by krissy0506 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• 11mths is when u should have stopped the bottle. Seriously, u should have gotten told this from ur doctor.
    Anonymous

• My child uses a sippy cup alot but still uses a bottle as well.
    Anonymous

• With my first son I did not take the bottle away until 15 months old but he had a lot of texture issues so he needed to have one until then. My second son was done with his bottle by 13 months. There is really no reason to have them on a bottle to long after their first birthday.
    Anonymous

• I took my sons away at 11 months.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It's past time to take the bottle a way.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• 19 months????? 9-11 months is a good age to take away the bottle.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• im gonna have to disagree with all these other posts!! i think 19 months is a great age!! ive had quite a few drs say that bottles are much better for babies than sippy cups..they need the sucking motion from the bottle..and sippy cups change the shape that the teeth are gonna grow in..my dr told me to not use a sippy cup..use regular cups!! so i never used a sippy cup or my daughter..and when we went out id put water or apple juice in one of those plastic reusable juiceboxes with a straw..in my opinion sippy cups are just glorified bottles. and it looks pathetic when a 3-4-5 year old is walking around with one. at 19 months i was still giving my daughter a bottle, it was only once a day tho at bedtime..i cut off the bottle at 21 months...(i didnt want to, but i knew i had to..lol)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• All four of my kids were off at 11-12 months. We just took it away. It wasn't a big deal because we didn't make it one. They were proud to have the big kid cup!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2009