period/ovulation

Can someone tell me the best way to calculate your period if the days in between your period fluctuate each month? How would I determine ovulation?

vroberts3677

Asked by vroberts3677 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• go to one of the online tracking sites. I always forget their names... but there are so many if you google it. Or just get a calendar out and count how many days are between your periods. I found my cycle is between 28 and 35 days long... and since ovulation is between 12 to 16 days after your period, I just count out all the possible days I could be ovulating. It turns out to be a two week window. But, to pinpoint things down, I also look for the typical signs of ovulation, stretchy mucus, mild cramping,etc. But during those whole two weeks, we try to "do it" every day or every other day..Good luck to you!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 1:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You need to first chart your cycle what day it starts then when it ends then You look for your ovulation signs, egg whit like discharge, temp change. I recomend taking charge of your fertility by toni wecshler. The website tcoyf.com has an awsome program you can downloadd onto your computer, that will help you chart.It is so much easier then writing it down on paper. It can also tell you when you should ovulate, it can tell you by your chart how likely it is that youve ovulated, when to plan intercourse to concieve and a lot more. It really is awsome I use and I love it . It very easy to use . best of luck!
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Fertilityfriend.com. mymonthlycycles.com is a really good one. its not just ovulation but it helps you track your periods so that you understand what is going on with your body
    goodfroggie

Answer by goodfroggie at 2:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009