How tall is your 10 year old, and how much does he weigh?

My 10 year old is very short. The kids his age seem like GIANTS to him (and me!!) Am I the only one with a short 10 year old?

wearingyourbaby

Asked by wearingyourbaby at 12:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• my kid at 10 was almost the shortest in class and very thin. He just went threw a growth spurt and he is 5'1''. totally normal now. He is my stepson, his mother, 5'2'' I think and dad is 5'10'' on a good day. So dad wanted to give growth hormones. Not any more as this last few months!! Don't worry about a thing until after puberty. Mys started puberty last summer and now he is 1/2 way threw. Deep voice, but no facial hair or underarm hair yet. He dose go threw loads of lotion or body oil. OOPS TMI!
    Jgirl

Answer by Jgirl at 12:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

Jgirl

• My ds will be 11 in July and he is about the same height as most 8-9 year holds. We have a hard time keeping his weight to 80lbs, so that he doesn't have to sit in a booster seat in the car. He is also very skinny and has the same waist size as his 4 1/2 year old brother. I am 5'4" and his dad is 5'6" so he doesn't have much to work with. I always tell him that good things come in little packages.
    kajjdsmom

Answer by kajjdsmom at 1:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• mine is almost 5 foot and like 85 pounds
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 7:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My son is 10.5 years old and he is just under 5' tall. He weighs in at 80 lbs. Very tall and skinny!
    Strssdmom72

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter is 11 and has a serious growth delay (currently being diagnosed). She is currently 4'2" and 51 lbs. You didn't state what size your son is but I thought I would give you perspective from the other side. Does he grow every year, no matter how slowly? Have his shoes changed sizes? If you're concerned I would urge you to set up an appointment with his pediatrician to discuss it. Good luck.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 9:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my ren yr old son is 5 feet 3inches tall and weights in at a woping 140 pds he is tallest in the 4th grde and most of the fith grade . when he was little ped told us he will be big but come on he wheres men clothing 30 in the waste and 30 in the lenght i dont know what im gona do with him
    binky2961

Answer by binky2961 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My 10 yr old is 61 inches or 5ft 1" and weighs about 100lbs. He is skinny and has giraffe legs. He is pretty much taller than most kids. I am only 5ft and his dad was about 6 ft. Mine wears a 9 in men's shoes already....totally crazy!!
    Erin516

Answer by Erin516 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2008

• 4'8
    Sarahnesss

Answer by Sarahnesss at 10:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2008