Why does he hate me?

I have a stepson. I have been in his life since he was 4 and he just turned 13. I have never been able to gain any ground with him. He lives with us fulltime and he has never let me close to him. Now as a teenager if he does say anything to me he is yelling at me. In fact he yelled at me today at the alter in front of our entire church. He has no respect for me our his siblings. He encourages his siblings to not listen to me. I just want him to stop this crap.

Katie911

Asked by Katie911 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I agree about dad. It is up to his dad to make sure his son learns that it is never acceptable for a young man to yell at an adult. He also needs to make him understand that, after 9 years, you are not going anywhere.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Sounds like his dad needs to man up and put a stop to this behavior. Why has he let it go on for this long? You shouldn't have to do anything.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'm sorry that you are going through this, I have to agree with his dad, a young man needs his dad in his life anyways, and the respect factor needs to be addressed.
    JennBear54

Answer by JennBear54 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I WOULD TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING U HAVE BOUGHT FOR HIM, CLOTHES AND YES EVEN HIS PILLOWS AND BLANKETS, EXCEPT THE NESSESATIES LIKE TOOTHBRUSH OR WHATEVER, TELL HIM TO GET A JOB AND BUY THOSE THINGS HIMSELF, PUT HIS DIRTY LAUNDRY ON HIS BED, AND HIS DIRTY DISHES TOO, MAKE HIM REALIZE WHAT U DO FOR HIM AND WHAT U HAVE DONE FOR HIM SINCE HE WAS 4, MAKE HIM TAKE SOME COOKING COURSES, AND DONT COOK FOR HIM NOMORE, THEN MAYBE HE WILL CHANGE HIS TUNE!!!
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 8:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I agree with Icpjuggalette and his dad needs to back you up.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009