when are babys supose to sit up?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• around 5 to 6 months... every baby is different tho.

my baby crawled at 6 months ... BUT didnt sit up until she was almost 8 month . weird baby. lol
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have been a nanny for 20+ years and I would say that 98% of babies in my care, as well as my own two boys were sitting up unassisted between five and eight months.  I have never seen a baby under five months who could sit upright without support in the middle of the floor.  The oldest baby I can think of was almost 10 months and she was huge (around 30 pounds) and had a laid back, mellow personality.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think the average is around 5-6 months. My oldest two were unassisted at 4 months and my youngest at 5 months.

I think it's because they had so many rolls...the fat held them up! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My baby sits up really well now. He's 7 1/2 months old. He could sit up fairly well at 6 months but would lose balance and roll over sometimes if he was reaching for something.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 3:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2009