How old where your kids when they started sharing a room??

I am pregnant again and we are looking for houses so we can have a bigger place since we are in a 2 bedroom apartment right now. We have found a few 3 bedroom houses that we could get but we would either have to put our computer desk in our bedroom again so that the new baby could have thier own room , or use the 3rd bedroom as an office and have the baby in our room for the first year like we did our 2 year old DD then have the kids share a room . I don't know though if having a 3 year old and a 1 year share a room would be so smart........ Any suggestions? Could sharing a room actually be okay?

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 1:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• We had the boys (in some combination of 2 out of 3) sharing a room as soon as the youngest was sleeping through the night.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• We moved into a 3 bedroom apt so that our kids could have their own room. But we have a 6 year old boy and 2 year old girl so sharing a room was out of the question. We got a smaller computer desk and put it in our bedroom.
    sgilbert211

Answer by sgilbert211 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• our boys have been sharing a room almost from the beginning. When my youngest moved out of the crib, he took over the toddler bed that we had set up for his older brother. When we finally got my oldest to stop co-sleeping(for the most part), we took the rail off the crib and made it into the daybed so he could sleep in there with his brother. (Liam had rightful claim on the toddler bed, since he had spent all those nights in it w/o a fuss).

Now we are trying to figure out where this new baby will go. We turned the other bedroom into the playroom. We could move the toys into the office, but where to put all the stuff that is in the office?

If you have any suggestions... I'm all ears.

Good luck and keep me posted.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009