Natural birth and breastfeeding...

I honestly wonder, and I'm trying not to word this in a biased way, if the women who support drugless births and breastfeeding are pro-choice or pro-life.

Where does the "your body, your choice" end and begin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That surprises me...I'm pro-life and I breastfeed, but I'm surprised that, with the amount of bashing that goes on toward mothers who formula feed and get drugs might be being bashed by someone who would have rather seen the baby aborted. What is that? Kill the baby, but if you have it, you better not get an epidural and you better formula feed? Crazy. I guess all the sudden they realize it isn't really "your body"...its for the baby.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I am pro choice for abortion. I am for capital punishment and i also believe and support drugless births and extended breastfeeding.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Pro-choice. Natural (drug-free) birth, extended breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• I am 100% in favor of natural child birth, breast feeding and I am pro-choice. But, the fact of the matter is that people are going to make the choices they are going to make and sometimes people have fewer or less desirable options available to them in thier specific situtation.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I agree with outstandingLove and Anon :51.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I do support drugless births if that is what the mom wants and it works out. For me it didn't work out and I have had all c-sections. I certainly support women who want to have drugless births, though. I did breastfeed exclusively for a period of time with each child. I don't adamently subscribe to any set parenting style. I do what works for our family. I am pro-life.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• What in the world has Pro-Life or Pro-Choice stances have to do with natural childbirth and/or breastfeeding? This is a thinly disguised abortion question...pro or anti. Natural childbirth and breastfeeding is about AFTER the child is born, not while the fetus/child (whatever) is still inutero. I do most adamantly believe in drug-less childbirth when no serious complications are involved...and breastfeeding if that is what the mother wants to do or is even able to do. I too also believe in Capital Punishment...when the accused has been proven to be guilty without a shred of doubt. I do not believe in Pre-eminent attacks (war) on other countries. And I am and always will be Pro-Choice!
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Having been a member of breastfeeding groups for nearly a decade, I've seen all variations. One of my "mentors" was a staunch pro-life conservative. We have a few moms on the Breastfeeding Moms group who keep "pro-life" in their siggy.

Me? Pro choice.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It should be my choice to decided whether or not I want a druggless birth or to breastfeed and to be able to do so unhindered by anyone. I support breastfeeding and natural birth. However they are not for everyone and its not for me to judge. I support women making informed descions about their bodies and their selves. I am a pro lifer.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• OP here...I didn't think I was trying to disguise anything. It is an abortion question. One of the major pro-life arguments is that it isn't just your body once you are pregnant, and one of the major pro-choice argument is that it is the woman's body and choice. I honestly wondered if the people who think other functions of your body (breastfeeding and the pain associated with child birth...who do this for the benefit of the baby) are pro-choice or pro-life. So keep the drama to yourself please.
    Anonymous