i have no clue what to do!

Ok so my dad has been an alcoholic for as long as i can remember. He sobered up for a while but recently has relapsed. Its getting bad at this point and i was over there hanging out this morning and my 5 y/o neighbor was there and he was acting up (well like a typical 5 y/o) and my dad started freaking out on him said he was gunna beat his a$$ if he didnt knock it off, called him a punk and kept yelling so i pack up my dd and we came home. He has never been mean before this was totally new. I dont yell in front of my dd if me and fiance get in an argument we go outside. I took my neighbor with me cause he doesnt deserve that either. My question is, what do i do from here. he clearly needs help with his derinking but needs surgery in like 3 weeks so rehab is out of the question, he wont go to meetings hes too stubborn what can i do? I know you cant force him he has to want it but how can i get him to want it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• i kinda want to keep DD from him as inscentive but i dont wanna punish my mom and sister too. and they are scared of my dogs (even when i put them outside) and i kinda dont wanna keep her from him cause she didnt do any wrong why should i keep her from pappy.
    Anonymous

• Your mother and sister can come to visit you and your daughter at your place. It is bad for your daughter to witness this kind of explosive behavior. I understand that until the person wants to get help, then no one else can get them to do it. Maybe after your father has his surgery he'll be able to look down the road and decide if the drinking is worth alienating his family.

Answer by Bmat at 2:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009