Do you get an actual period after a tubal ligation?

It's been eight weeks since the surgery, I had some major period symtoms with no period. Backache, moody, cramps, and a tiny bit of spotting. I wonder if it's always gonna be like this. It's weird, it's like a period with no bleeding.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• Yes in a tubal ligation they are ONLY tying your tubes...you would have to have a hysterectomy to not have a period...your body might just be adjusting to something. from the surgery.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It took a couple of months for my body to get back on track. It seems heavier now, but it's just something I gotta live with.
    Anonymous

• yes. mine seems much heavier, but lasts a shorter duration, and is fairly regular now- i can predict to within two days of its arrival. depending on how your tubal was done (where the incisions we made) you may have occasional muscle twitches in the pelvic region as well, which can initially be disturbing. when i questioned the surgeon who performed my procedure he stated that a fairly high % of women experience this due to partially severed nerves... just another odd thing you may experience.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009