It is normal for babies to scream?

My 10 month old baby screams all the time. We are at the restaurant and all of a sudden there it is a loud noise coming from my little one. Have you ever heard people screaming watching a horror movie well this is exactly what my son does.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think,when they realize they can scream,they just love hearing themselves.Or they know it goes right through us. lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think when little ones finally figure out that they are capable of making noises and are totally in control of them, they really like to try it out and see what they can do. Not to mention loving all the attention they get from doing it. This is the perfect time to start teaching them that there are places where this is appropriate and places where it is not. They are quick learners, they understand better than we give them credit for.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It sound like he is trying to get your attention maybe. He maybe trying to tell you that he is over stimulated or tired or something else. If you are concerned ,you might want to call your pediatrician and ask him/her about it just to ease your worry.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes I'm planning to mention it to the Pediatrician. Thank you
    Anonymous

• LOL! Babies make noise. Thats part of life. If you dont like being embarassed dont take them out in public?
    Unless it sounds like their in pain.. then i would too take them to the doc. Just to make sure .
    But if its a normal baby scream thats normal... and every parent goes through it! :SD
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my daughter is 8 months old and she screams too...i think they like hearing themselves..its funny to me,she likes to scream her head off too...its TOTALLY normal
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009