how do you get 10 minutes of peace and quiet?

i mean WHILE the kids are awake and you are home alone with them on a rainy. day i am 8 months pregs here. going mad today, dh working, i got a nap (b4he left) then woke up to a trashed house, hungry kid, hungry dog, loads of laundry (his only chore).. i know my real issue is my dh's selfish nature but i just want excape to my room to meditate for a few... how do you accomplish that? just looking 4 creative suggestions really... here they come! (the kids not the suggestions)

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• meditation REALLY HELPS!!! but me i have a 2 year old and i usally put in one of her fav movies and get her a snack and some milk and she goes and sits in her elmo chair and i go eiether in my room or bathroom and meditate as well.

i hope you get some peace!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I hide in the bathroom. :)

Playdoh
    Crayons/fingerpaints and an easle
    Stringing beads
    Outdoor play - paint brushes and water make for great sidewalk "painting"
    Anonymous

• Tell the kids where you're going and way. Tell them what they can do (a couple of choices) while you are in your room. Then teach them how to respect your time just as you respect theirs.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My son has a certain time each day where I put movies on in his room and he plays with his toys in there while I relax in my room and read or watch Tv.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 4:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2009