do you do these things with your kids? POIC

Do you fart in their faces or lick their arms/legs/face etc.... to be playful?
SS who is 10 tries to do this in our home, and he gets in trouble, but he says that his mom does it to him. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ewww... that is just plain disrespectful! And gross. Not my idea of being playful, but, hey, whatever!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Oh gross!! No way!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• hahahahaha funny!
    Anonymous

• no i dont but my mom finds fart/poop humor so funny, it was her brother's thing, her brother is dead. she embraces all poo humor, drives my dh nuts whenour son comes home from g-ma thinking farts are funny, telling poo jokes, saying the playdough/ect looks like poo. so no i dont but my mom does, she is normal otherwise...

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My husband and son like to fart in our faces, I hate it but they think its hilarious and my husband gives our girls doggy kisses, it's so gross.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• LOL - my son is 4 and YES, we do this. Gross, yes..but boy humor too. I embrace it as I embrace my son!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Haven't you ever heard of a puppy kiss or a fox kiss? I have done that to my boys for years! They think it's funny! The farting in the face is gross though and I have all boys, we would NOT allow them to fart in our faces!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• OP: No, never heard of such kisses. Neither DH nor I grew up with that sort of behavior in our homes. We don't like it in our home either. And it isn't like the kid is under 5, he is entering puberty and we just find it very inappropriate. He has been told to keep it at his mom's house, that if they want to play that way then that is on them, but not in our home and not with his half sibs.
    Anonymous