do you do these things with your kids? POIC

Do you fart in their faces or lick their arms/legs/face etc.... to be playful?
SS who is 10 tries to do this in our home, and he gets in trouble, but he says that his mom does it to him. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is teaching him obnoxious and rude behavior! I agree with you, that is not playful, it's low class humor.
    Anonymous

• I've known parents to do that kinda thing.
    I personally believe it is disrespectful. I will NEVER fart in my childs face.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• BTW, what is POIC?
    Anonymous

• Posted in other category
    Anonymous

• No i dont do that with my son b/c I dont want him doing to others. I do know people who do those kind of things but personally i think its annoying and gross.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think farthing in their face is discusting, but licking arms and stuff is just playful as long as they understand there are certian moments and places that is to be done, to strangers and out in public is unexeptable!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No. I have 4 sons (17, 18, 21 and 22) and they have never been allowed to fart or burp just for fun. If it happened, well,, it happened but they knew to say excuse me. It's disgusting to belch or fart in someones face. UGH! My husband has also never belched or farted on purpose for laughs. If he does it he excuses himself. No raunchy behavior here. Blech! I honestly don't even think my kids have seen/heard me pass gas before either or if they have it's been so rarely that I cannot even recall doing it. I try to be discreet.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• wow.. thats rude.. sounds to me like she is pretty trashy... next time you see her, fart in her face and tell her that is what her son taught you to do... tell her you thought it was a new greeting... LOL
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Don't fart in their faces....
    But I do lick their cheeks, palms, and soles of feet (after a bath). They all find it hilarious. Do they do it to other people? No, only to each other or DH & I and it stops if someone doesn't think it's so funny at that point in time.
    3earthangels

Answer by 3earthangels at 2:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i dont fart at anyone its disgusting and unhealthy. I do however "eat" my son lol we play a game where i pretend to gnaw on his arm. No real biting and i havent had a problem with that. He licked me a couple times one week but i told him it was gross and he stopped. Lol he thinks im hilarious when i "get his nose" he says and i quote "gimme back ma nose" i love two year olds some days hehe
    Alexsmom07

Answer by Alexsmom07 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009