Migraines.

I have been having migraines for a longtime,I am going to try to get in with the Dr this week,I was wondering,if anyone else,has these,and what helps releive them.I get so sick to my stomach.I have tried imitrex,did'nt help.

Val504

Asked by Val504 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• I've had them all my life, since I was a little girl. I feel your pain. They're just awful. I always jujst took advil and drank coffee to treat them, and hoped for the best. But typically, all that did was take the edge off for a few hours. About ayear ago, they started happening upwards of 3 times a week, and they'd last and last. I can't take immitrex, and my doctor was at a loss. I practice Anusara yoga, and I went to a workshop with John Friend, the founder. He mentioned working with a woman to treat her migraines, so I cornered him after class and asked him for help. He spent about 30 seconds with me and his advice cured me completely. I am not kidding. I haven't had a migraine since, and that was, oh, 6 months ago. I've had a few of them begin, but I was able to practice the principles he showed me (yoga poses and stretches) and cut them off before the pain ever set in (I get visual aura before the pain, so I know...
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have also had them for years. I've had them so bad that I seriously beg my husband to just shoot me and put and end to the pain. I get nauseous & throw up which kinda alleviates it for about 2 mins. Then it comes back even worse than it was. A lot of times they last for 2 or 3 days and I lose my vision. The only thing I have found that helps a little, is to take whatever medication you have for it, lay in a dark, cool room with a cold, wet washcloth over my forehead and eyes and try to sleep it off. I have tried different prescriptions but nothing seems to help. I just take extra strength Excedrin, then do what I said above. I'm sorry you have to deal with them, I know how absolutely excruciating the pain can be. Best Wishes.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• ... when one is coming). I am amazed at the results. So, my advice, if you're open to it, is to get on google and try to find a certified anusara instructor in your area. Chances are good that you can find some relief, at the very least, by learning and practicing some poses. If you do this and are able to find a teacher, ask about poses to help open your chest and throat, and lift your shoulders up and back. The source of my migraines, as it turns out, was poor spinal alignment, and carrying my toddler around was aggravating the problem.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have been getting migraines since I was 12 yrs old -mine are hormonal. Are you maybe going through the change? There are 2 types of migraines -classic and common. Unfortunately, I get the worse of the two -classic. I take Relpax (found it helps more than Imetrex) and at the onset of the pain, I take hydrocodone (Viodine) for the pain. The first, stops the progression of my symptoms and the latter greatly reduces the pain. As a sufferer myself, I can honestly say "I feel your pain"
    MIddle-AgedMom

Answer by MIddle-AgedMom at 3:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009