Do you believe Dr. Charles or Mr. President?

Dr. Charles Krauthammer's statement:
Clever politics, but intellectually dishonest to the core. Health, education and energy -- worthy and weighty as they may be -- are not the cause of our financial collapse. And they are not the cure. The fraudulent claim that they are both cause and cure is the rhetorical device by which an ambitious president intends to enact the most radical agenda of social transformation seen in our lifetime.

And then Obama's statement:
"Our economy did not fall into decline overnight," he averred. Indeed, it all began before the housing crisis. What did we do wrong? We are paying for past sins in three principal areas: energy, health care and education -- importing too much oil and not finding new sources of energy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Never heard of Dr. Charles but he seems to be right on the money on this subject. Isn't it funny how so many people refused to listen to alot of this stuff before the election and now they are glued to the news for all these tidbits that they should have been listening to before they voted? I find it interesting that people that are now being affected by the economy and the administration and their plans are not happy with the choices they made. Ahhhh, the great hope and change. Before long our utilities are going to go up more, (energy), healthcare will be decided by people that never saw you and your dr. will have no say in your care (healthcare plans), and our children are going to be dumber then they already are (education).
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Who is Dr. Charles???? Never heard of him.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 2:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Why am I not surprised??
    Anonymous

• http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1252.html

I personally agree with him, which isn't surprising since he is a conservative. I'd like to see a non partisan assessment of the plan. Quoting someone on the right wing is likely to only be seen as narrow minded- I'd feel the same if it was coming from the left.

I do believe he is correct, however. I'd just like to see it from a less partisan source.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Dishonest to the core? Yup I agree with Dr. Charles.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 3:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think enegry is a BIG part of this. Gas slowly went up and went up and went up till one day it was $4 a gallon. When your driving to work for $350-400 net bring home after taxes/insurance and the car is costing $60 to fill to work and then you need work clothes etc. you start debating whether it is worth working or not. When your the pizza delivery guy and you went from making $200 in tips/gas profit a week to suddenly $50-75 because everyone cut tips and gas is higher it has an impact. When people start forgoing their house payment to pay gas or charging up the credit card it has an impact. I could go on but the fact is many small things lead to this one big thing.

Personally I think the terrorists finally got what they wanted. They wanted the US economy to collapse and it is.
    Anonymous

• I enjoy reading Dr. Charles Krauthammer's writings. He is a very intelligent man. Yes I agree with him wholeheartedly.

Anonymous

• Honestly,I did not know of the Dr. but I have to agree.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Dr. Charles is spot on!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Thanks for sharing this. I was unaware of him, his theories, and his writings. Interesting stuff.
    On this case, I would have to agree with him.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2009