Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NYS SSI/Child Support

Ok, so i just compleated my hearing for ssi, i have been on pa,fs, and ma since 2006. my daughter was born and her father was taking to court for cs. he pays his payments in full sometimes more. but seeing as i am on pa they only give me a passthrough for my lil one. i was wondering if anyone knew when i collect my ssi and i am off welfare will my daughter be collecting her full child support payment. i was told by ssi that they will continue to keep her pa case open. but then i am thinking i wont recive her whole payment. if anyone knows how this is gonna work out, or they have any sugestions on how i will get the betterdeal for my baby pleased let me know. thank you.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (1)
  • When you are no longer collecting a welfare check (aside from food stamps) yes, you should be collecting the full child support payment again. If you remain on just food stamps, you will still get your full child support pmts (that is how it is in Indiana anyhow). When you receive SSI it can affect how much you get in fs benefits, too but that will depend on your state's guidelines.

    Your PA case can remain open but that is to keep tabs on what is happening with your particular situation. As long as you are not receiving a welfare check you should be collecting full child support from the father.

    Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.