Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding yourself "stuck" in a relationship?

I am finding myself feeling stuck. I divorced several years ago and began a relationship with a guy who helped me start my life over. We never married but we bought a house and 2 cars together, jointly.
Lately I find myself feeling unhappy with him and our relationship.
Financially I can't afford to live on my own. I have three kids and could never make it on what I make, the kids dad does not contribute financially either.
I am not sure what I should do. Nothing is legal in this relationship because we never married. I feel stuck and miserable. I am sure he is not happy either, he's never treated me bad until recently.
I guess when he called me a bitch a few days ago it all sunk in. This is over, now what do I do?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • you pick up and move on and if you buyed it together one car is yours.. and half the house is yours..

    Answer by miss_nevin at 2:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

  • Move on. You feel stuck probably because you've relied on him financially. It'll sure be hard, but do-able. You can choose to have him pay you your 1/2 of the home, or sell it. You can each keep a car and have it put in your name. I was in a relationship and we bought a vacation home together. After 6 years our relationship was not what it should be and I moved out. We rent out the vaca home, only because the market hasn't allowed for a sale.

    Answer by EireLass at 2:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

  • Tell him you want him to buy you out of the house. Or put the house up for sell. Sense you said it is your house too. Move on with your life.

    Answer by louise2 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

  • First I'd be filing child support papers on the bio dad and getting more money. Tell him you are not happy and discuss options. Sell the house or let him buy you out so you can have a down payment for a cheaper place. You can quit claim your connection to the house. Refinance the cars so that each of you are responsible for one only and part ways.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009