Do you believe ...

Do you believe that the spirits, souls, whatever of those loved and lost to us are watching over us and can help us?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Definitly
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No, I don't.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Not exactly. I believe in reincarnation. But I also believe we are all connected, and the same "souls" meet up in life again and again. So in a sense, yes, they are here with me. For example, my mother has passed, but I have faith that she is still connected to me, and that she is or will again be a presence in my life as her new incarnation. And when I pass on and begin my next life, that life will again weave together with hers, and we will continue to help each other down the path to enlightenment. I believe that she has absolutely helped me since her death. Just not in that "looking down from heaven" kinda way. At least, that's the theory I'm going with, and it makes a lot of sense to me. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes. To a certain extent.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have to agree with BlueFrogMama.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Some are. Those who are in heaven are alive in Christ and so remain part of God's one family. Because of this they are united with us here on earth in the "Communion of Saints". We can ask them to help us and pray for us - just like we can ask friends here on earth.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes I do.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 3:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• While I agree with BlueFrogMama, I also believe that in between incarnations our spirits can live without bodies and can be with us in that way.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• no, not really
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 4:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I dunno, really. I've never had a personal experience with a "spirit" of sorts. So until I do, I'm saying they don't exist.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009