2001-2009 Bush Dictatorship

What does everyone think about Scott Horton (Int'l Human Rights Atty/Harpers Magazine) comments regarding the released John Yoo Justice Dept Memos?

That in essence Habeas Corpus was suspended for everyone during this period?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about; please either google the memos or watch this 6 min interview with Scott Horton the other night on Keith Obermann and hear the comments directly from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2EMBgBhyc

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Citing past presidents' mistakes/abuses, obviously will not excuse our current president from any future mistakes/abuses - but rather serves as a reminder to We the People that eternal vigilance is the price of liberty (on every generation's watch)!
    jejstover

Answer by jejstover at 11:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I heard about the memos on Keith Olbermann......... the rest and that person........ I have no clue.

but it sounded so like Bush. The Patriotic Act he signed took away all our civil liberties in the name of capturing terrorist but only HE got to decide who was a terrorist and who wasn't, without any check and balances to watch him and waht he was going to the American ppl. Luckily I heard he never used this authority and no americans were took, held, etc.

I would rather die by a terrorist and die free, than have the Patriotic Act take away my rights. Glad Mr. Bush is gone.
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 3:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Luckily I heard he never used this authority and no americans were took, held, etc.

*****

I'd have to do some more digging to see if there are more cases; but I did hear of at least one Canadian citizen that was held for an indefinite period of time with no access to legal counsel or the court system and then just released...no we're sorry we messed up or anything just ok you can leave now...

http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200609/092506.html
    http://www.antiwar.com/ips/fisher.php?articleid=10601

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• thanks mr. Bush for keeping our country safe and free of any more attacks. i would have voted you in again, afterall we need a real man in office willing to defend this country at all cost.
    so what, it was wartime, he did what he did, we are all still here and breathing, and I commend bushy for it. Thank You Mr. Bush. May God Bless You and Your Family.
    mr. olberman, well he is a left wing nut and it is a biased video from a biased newschannel with not very good ratings.
    And Iraq, well, we won the war didn't we? the iraqi's are free and living a life of freedom and civil liberties and starting a democratic nation now. Thank You Mr. Bush for freeing 50 million oppressed citizens the world did not care about. May God Bless You for that one too.
    Anonymous

• oh and btw, when we get attacked from having a wimp in office, you won't have any more to worry about from the past will you?
    that was then, this is now, move on and deal with your present problems, having an idiot in office.
    Anonymous

• Whats funny is Obama decided to KEEP this act in place.Olberman is an exagerating sensationalist idiot and yes his ratings aren't so hot.
    Anonymous

• whether the op wants to like it, or admit it, or concede to it, it worked, and it will continue to work. some things a leader just has to do with the ideology of keeping good people safe. i dont care about the patriot act, so what, if you are a good american citizen willing to fight the good fight and not committing a crime it should not bother you in the least. i'm sorry, but during wartime, after being attacked on our land and killing 3000 innocent civillians in one day, he could do whatever he wanted and i would agree. it's a done deal now and it worked. yay
    Anonymous

• Bathtub boy is still on television? Please stop watching leftist lunacy on cable you have to pay for. It's bad enough we all have to continually pay for the ultimate leftist in The oval office, but now you're paying to hear what he is doing. Save some money and turn Olberman OFF.
    Anonymous

• I enjoyed the Bush Dictatorship. I had money back then, now, not so much.....
    Anonymous

• I would rather die by a terrorist and die free, than have the Patriotic Act take away my rights

Until the man with a machette is looking to decapitate you for being an American.That's how they do it ya now.

Anonymous