To anyone who has ever cheated please answer!

Why did you do it? Was it because you didnt love the other person or did anyone ever cheat, but they really did love the other person? If you have ever cheated please answer this I just want to know why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I did it not because I didn't care for the person I was dating, but because I loved the person I cheated on him with. It makes me feel horrible that I did it because I got pregnant with the daughter I have now by cheating. No, I'm not some whore the only person I've had sex with is my daughters father and we're still together and happy.

LadySade

Answer by LadySade at 3:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I love my husband very much, and I always have. but I cheated on him before we were engaged. It had nothing to do with him, and everything to do with me. At the time, I didn't understand it. But because I almost lost him over it, and becacuse I was so ashamed of myself, I never did it again, and I have been faithful for 10 years. Now that I am older and have done a lot of personal work (read: I've gone to a LOT of therapy), I realize that I cheated because I believed I needed someone else to make me feel loved. I didn't believe on my own that I was good and loveable, you know? I was so down on myself and so insecure that I felt totally incapable of navigating my life without being on someone's arm (or in someone's bed). I think in most cases, cheating actually has nothing to do with love. It's about trying desperately (and stupidly) to meet a need that your partner, for some reason, can't meet for you.
    Anonymous

• People cheat because they are missing something from their relationship.
    You obviously got cheated on, and I have done it and been the reciever too. Your partner is not happy with something in your relationship.
    I did it because I wasn't getting attention from my SO. He wanted to pay more attention to other girls and flirt with them, then pay attention to his then pregnant girlfriend. So I cheated to feel wanted by someone. Being cheated on while pregnant was the hardest thing, and I felt the need to get back at him and have someone pay attention to me becaise I didn't feel pretty anymore. The man I slept with made me feel pretty and special. And it's all I really wanted. I didn't wan things to end with my SO, but I also wanted the attention. After some talking and realizing that we both we're giving the other the attention they needed, we started over and are now happirer than we have ever been CONTINUED
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I cheated when I was about 17.. He was some boy I wasn't entirely sure I liked... I had sex with an ex the night I knew this guy was going to ask me out.. And "cheated" on him several days into "the relationship", again with the same ex (yeah, can you tell I wasn't over my ex?).. Hahaha, needless to say, he was a prick anyway, so it only lasted two weeks!!!

I have also been "the other woman" more times than I can count (this was back in my "younger" years.. With my husband.. He cheated on every girlfriend he ever had with me, and yet, I trust him fully and completely not to cheat on ME.. There's just always been something that's drawn us together.. A love of friendship and truly understanding each other above all else. So there's your reason for all the cheating.. *Shrug*

In my marriage, no, there has never been any cheating.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It will always be stuck in you mind that they may be cheating again. But if they have made the effort to change you should give them a chance, I still have a hard time but we're working on our trust TOGETHER and that's what you need to do as well.
    Good luck with everything, and if it's worth it and you still love each other, as a couple it will make you stronger to over come it.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I cheated on my Ex-h. We did not divorce over it and I don't think he knew. By the time I cheated, the relationship was already over. I didn't love him and he only would work on the relationship in controlling ways.
    I also want to say, I do not ever condone cheating.
    When I did it, I was really young and stupid and begging for someone to give me attention and affection, which I wasn't getting from ex-h.
    I did not value or respect him or our relationship. And honestly, I should have never married him, because of those feelings. We were playing house, but that house was built on sand.
    I've learned my lesson and would never do it to my current DH.
    Anonymous

• I cheated because I was a bored SAHM and I needed something exciting and fun!! It ended horribly and I learned the hard way. I would never do it again!!
    Anonymous

• my now hubby proposed and I freaked out. another time..it just happened. it is all part of my past and my hubby knows about it, but we agree that it is in the past and it isn't discussed. I will never do it again and haven't since. the last time I cheated was 3 years ago and I have been married almost 5.
    Anonymous

• When I did, it was all about me, even though I tried to find everything wrong and blame him (my man) for how i was feeling, it was really me just being curious and bored. Really stupid though and i learned my lesson!
    Anonymous

• Ppl cheat bc of how the person they are with makes them feel (i.e. unappreciated, unloved, taken for granted, etc) They can certainly still love the person but not like how they are treated or how they make them feel. Sometimes when ppl are ignored they leave a void and the person goes out and finds someone to fill that void, either emotionally or physically. There is a new book that was featured on Oprah recently called Why Men Cheat. I think it holds true for women as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2009