What is wrong with my unborn baby?

An ultra sound showed something on my unborn baby's liver. I went to 2 different hospitals by order of my doc, and no one is sure what it is. They know it is not suppossed to be there but thats about it. Can any one share advise with me or has anyone had a similar experience. I am a nervous wreck!!!

sheri1984

Asked by sheri1984 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know,but I will say a prayer for you and your baby.Good luck sweety,and God Bles you
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• if something is showing on ultra sound then they wont really know til birth if it is not affecting the hearbeat or movement (that would be same for anything showing up on ultrasound any where) then they wil let your pregnancy go but if it starts to show problems for the baby then they will take the baby out my cousin had a dark spot on her brain and when they did the emergency csection and did the scann on her head it showed that the spot was gone there was nothing there i hope things go well for you and i hope its nothing i would just put your faith in the drs that they are trying to do things that they can do
    Anonymous

• I don't know either, sorry. But you and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Anonymous

• Do keep in mind that MANY ultrasound "findings" turn out to be false. ... even to the point of having babies aborted for birth defects which weren't actually there. ...

You are providing the life forces and purity of substances for your baby to create his/her body. The better support the baby has, the better he/she can do what is needed for a healthy body.
    Life forces = sleep, rest, walks in fresh air, especially nature, herbs & herb teas.
    Pure substances = more whole grains (& less white flour or sugar), more organic fruits & vegetables ( & less fertilizers, pesticides, preservatives).

You do your best to get the rest, fresh air, enough water & herbs, and wholesome nutrition that will give your baby everything needed to build a healthy body, and hopefully the baby's body-wisdom will make everything right.

Even if the ultrasound is a false alarm, focussing on a healthy pregnancy is anyway a good idea !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Do not take any herbs or drink any herb teas without talking to your OB or CNM first!

Now, how many weeks preganant are you? Things that appear early on can dissapear the closer to term you get.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 3:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have heriditary kidney problems in my family and went for countless scans to double check them for my baby. I wasn't scared about that though because i knew it was important to know ahead of time if the problem did in fact exist. It actually calmed me then for that knowing I was getting extra care for something so important. Remember that doctors usually need time to put together their findings and to consult, sometimes, with other doctors before giving parents the results. Doesn't seem fair but lots of times it is the way it is. Examining small baby parts in a moving target is not easy to do. What relaxed you before pregnancy, what can you do to calm your baby if you have a hard time calming yourself? Focus on your baby and that will calm you too mommy. God Bless!
    Anonymous

• They told me after three ultrasounds that my son had thickening in his upper left tricuspid valve which would result in needing surgery right after birth. My pregnancy was horrible, just because of the worry, I was having pre term labor and not sleeping. After he was born they did another ultrasound on him and there was nothing there! Ultrasounds during pregnancy can't show everything. Give it time, you'll get your answers, and try not to over think it....for yo and the baby's health.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• waldorfmom is right, they can definetly be wrong. ultrasounds at 36 weeks made the technicians and my doctor tell me my baby was going to have cleft lip/palate, and my baby's mouth was perfectly formed and nothing was wrong when he was born. try not to worry too much.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009