what causes my stomach to hurt when i cough or sneeze it hurts so bad i about cry, i just had a baby 2 mths ago c-section?

mel37101

Asked by mel37101 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Could be that you haven't healed completely. Or it could just be painful scar tissue - that stuff can be binding and painful in your abdomen. I guess with that much pain and it's been 2 months, I would call the doctor and see what he/she says. Maybe there is something they can do to help you heal better and give you some relief.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I agree with the above. You are still healing, and youll need to allow yourself a lot of time to completely heal up from surgery. I had a c-section 8 years ago, and to this day I sometimes have to grab myself below my navel when I sneeze. Get a pillow and hold it up against you when you need to sneeze or cough, if you have one handy because it does help a little.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I still get something almost 2 years out after having my 4th c-section. Sometimes if I cough or sneeze or even stretch, I feel a twinge like a charlie horse and then it feels like something pops out. I then straighten up or walk around and it shifts back into place. I thought it was a hernia, but I had a CT scan done and it's not a hernia. The surgeon told me it's scar tissue that retracts and expands and sometimes gets stuck in between. I am thinking it should get removed, but removing that scar tissue paves the way for more scar tissue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When I had my son c-section 7 years ago they gave me a bellyband,it was a life saver,it would feel like my guts was ready to fall out befor i got the band,every bump hurt everything hurt untill i got the band, the width is about 14 inches long and they can tell what size you need to go around you, if you DONT have one i,d be calling my dr and get one right away!!!!!!!!!!! I still have mine. I cant believe the hospital didnt give you one for having the baby c-section.Let me know.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2009