what are the chances of me having a c-section

i went to the doctor on the 6th and im 3 cm dialated and i dont know if im effaced or not im already 5 days over my due date and the doctor said that my baby is going to be a big baby im in alot of pain and worried that i might have to have a csection also im starting to have signs of preeclampsia so what are my chances of having a section cause i really want to do it on my own like i did with my daughter

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your starting to show signs of preeclampsia then odds are they will do a csection to avoid any more problems for you or baby and since your over due and showing those signs then ya im sorry you may have to have a csection
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Even minor complications or a threat for complications will probably make them want to do one. Signs of preclampsia def a reason for csection. But they arent that bad/scary. Lots of pressure and I had a speedy recovery. Good luck if you do have to have one, and your almost there mama!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 3:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think you should keep in close contact with your doctor and make sure your records note your wishes for no section unless the most dire conditions warrant it. Even put a letter in your records. This is your delivery. The most important thing is to have a most healthy delivery and a most healthy baby. Take care of your preeclampsia. I've had a very very long labor and three sections and yes a section hurt but I trusted my own knowledge and my hospital, doctor. Don't be afraid to ask questions now is the time to understand.
    Anonymous

• Preeclampsia does not always equal a C/S. You may be induced if your OB feels your pelvis is large enough. Good luck!
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 3:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• big baby doesnt always equal a c section...
    i think it really depends on the dr.. i was stuck at 4 cm and wouldnt go any further dilating for hours and hours and ended up having a c section... it really depends on how your labor goes and the dr you have.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• the big baby has nothing to do with it im sorry to tell you but preeclampsia is serious the only way to stop it is to get the baby out if you are infact showing signs of it they willmoniter you and yes if it gets to bad then you will most likely have a csection preeclampsia can kill you and baby if it gets to serious
    Anonymous

• Your chances are zero is you don't concent to the section. Your baby, your body, your choice.

Now, with preeclampsia added in, that could raise your chances. The "too big too deliver" excuse is a crock of crap (sorry other moms who had a section for it, but it is). If you are really committed to a vaginal delivery, ask the moms in the "Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth" (http://www.cafemom.com/group/50251) or "Birth is NORMAL" (http://www.cafemom.com/group/2212). They have tons of info and would be a better resource for finding alternatives to a c-section for the eclampsia issue.

Good luck!
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 5:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009